From a friend’s blog. I just borrowed the meme, the answers are mine though :
1. Favorite childhood book?
Hardy Boys : Franklin W. Dixon
2. What are you reading right now?
The concise 48 laws of power : Robert Greene & Everything’s Eventual : Stephen King
3. What books do you have on request at the library?
The good man Jesus & the scoundrel Christ : Philip Pullman
4. Bad book habit?
Tend to veer off from a book at times to be just carried away by the forewords in other books.
5. What do you currently have checked out at the library?
Everything’s Eventual : Stephen King & Koko : Peter Straub
6. Do you have an e-reader?
7. Do you prefer to read one book at a time, or several at once?
Purely a matter of mood. Usually it’s a monogamous game.
8. Have your reading habits changed since starting a blog?
9. Least favorite book you read this year (so far?)
Violin : Anne Rice
10. Favorite book you’ve read this year?
Boy’s Life : Robert Mccammon.
11. How often do you read out of your comfort zone?
Very often. I somehow never read two books by the same author consecutively.
12. What is your reading comfort zone?
Fantasy,Historical Fiction, Horror, Sci-Fi.
13. Can you read on the bus?
Not these days.
14. Favorite place to read?
My reading chair by the window.
15. What is your policy on book lending?
Over my dead body.
16. Do you ever dog-ear books?
17. Do you ever write in the margins of your books?
18. Not even with text books?
19. What is your favorite language to read in?
20. What makes you love a book?
Language, character study, plot lines. Occasionally interesting subjects catch my attention too.
21. What will inspire you to recommend a book?
Similar Tastes. One thing I learned is never recommend books to anyone and everyone. You will probably end up having to listen to drivel about your favorite works.
22. Favorite genre?
23. Genre you rarely read (but wish you did?)
Literary Fiction. In simple English that means the classics.
24. Favorite biography?
None so far.
25. Have you ever read a self-help book?
Yes. One of them finished off my interest in that genre.
26. Favorite cookbook?
Never tried it.
27. Most inspirational book you’ve read this year (fiction or non-fiction)?
The Wind in the Willows : Kenneth Grahame
28. Favorite reading snack?
The book is the best snack,lunch or dinner you will ever come across.
29. Name a case in which hype ruined your reading experience.
The Alienist : Caleb Carr
30. How often do you agree with critics about a book?
I could recollect only one case in the sixty books that I have read this year.
31. How do you feel about giving bad/negative reviews?
Never trash books until I feel sorry for the trees cut down for the books. But sometimes, a spade needs to be called a spade.
32. If you could read in a foreign language, which language would you chose?
33. Most intimidating book you’ve ever read?
The years of rice & salt : Kim Stanley Robinson
34. Most intimidating book you’re too nervous to begin?
Lord of the rings
35. Favorite Poet?
36. How many books do you usually have checked out of the library at any given time?
Three to Five.
37. How often have you returned book to the library unread?
Rarely if ever.
38. Favorite fictional character?
Dr.Susan Calvin : Isaac Asimov’s Robot Series
Gail Wynand : Ayn Rand : The Fountainhead
Yagharek the Garuda : China Mieville : Perdido Street Station
Death : Terry Pratchett : Discworld Series
Mr.Wednesday/Odin : American Gods
39. Favorite fictional villain?
Dr.Hannibal Lecter : Thomas Harris
The Leopard : Jim Corbett: The man-eating leopard of Rudraprayag
40. Books I’m most likely to bring on vacation?
Whichever suits the mood the best.
41. The longest I’ve gone without reading.
42. Name a book that you could/would not finish.
The name of the rose : Umberto Eco
43. What distracts you easily when you’re reading?
44. Favorite film adaptation of a novel?
45. Most disappointing film adaptation?
The golden compass.
46. The most money I’ve ever spent in the bookstore at one time?
47. How often do you skim a book before reading it?
Never done it.
48. What would cause you to stop reading a book half-way through?
Too much bullshit on the pages.
49. Do you like to keep your books organized?
Yes. But there are still many strewn around.
50. Do you prefer to keep books or give them away once you’ve read them?
I keep them all. You never know when you feel like reading a paragraph.
51. Are there any books you’ve been avoiding?
The Harry Potter series. It’s my target for 2011
52. Name a book that made you angry.
Holmes of the Raj recently.
53. A book you didn’t expect to like but did?
Fatherland : Robert Harris.
54. A book that you expected to like but didn’t?
The reluctant fundamentalist : Mohsin Hameed.
55. Favorite guilt-free, pleasure reading?